Your profile picture is the face of your Facebook account; the timeline cover, on the other hand, serves as the boobies. No matter how pretty your face (profile picture) is, some people will not be able to resist staring at your chest (timeline cover).
I swear I wanted to make a point but it slipped my mind a few seconds ago. I blame it on
Anyway, I made a few Facebook Cover Photos (for NON-Photoshop users) just because. I ran out of creative juices but I promise to come up with not-so-lame freebies next time.
These have been optimized for Facebook (because you know how it can suck the life out of every picture).
Download link and tutorial (using fotoflexer.com) after the jump.
*Click on the tutorial images to view larger.
2. Click the LAYERS tab.
3. Upload another photo. Click on it. The marquee selection will be active.
4. Resize and drag it to the photo placeholder.
TIP: This is a trick I use in Photoshop and I only learned yesterday that it also works for Fotoflexer --- hold the shift key while resizing and/or dragging the photo to make sure it retains its dimensions.
5. Click SELECT ALL. The marquee selection will appear on both files. Click MERGE.
6. Click the DECORATE tab then click TEXT.
7. A text box will appear. Type whatever you want to type. Preferably blasphemous.
8. Your name/message/whatever will appear below the text box. Click on it to resize and drag to the textholder.
9. On the right side, you will see another box. This is where you can change the font style and color. Tick the TRANSPARENT box as well.
10. Click APPLY and then SAVE as jpeg.