I was born with pale skin that easily burns and gets peppered with rashes if I stay a tad too long under the sun that's why I make it a point to religiously apply sunblock before I go out outside.
I had been on the hunt for a good SPF lotion for a while and I ended up getting Eau Thermale Avène Spray. It is formulated for sensitive skin (according to them) and claims to have a high sun protection factor.
Most of the sunblocks on the shelf have tanning effect.. which I did not need because I just bought a new foundation and cool shades of lipsticks. If I would get tanned (which I rarely do, I just turn roasted piglet color), I would have to get a new batch of makeup that would suit a copper skin tone. Not worth all the hassle, really. When I told the sales assistant that I only needed a normal sun protection cream without the suntanning bonus, she gave me a disapproving look.
I mean, what the FUCK? If you want to have a bronzed skin, good for you.. but don't give me that stupid look and get all judgey if I choose to stay with my pasty, unsexy complexion. Bitch, please?!
Moving on to the review. I hope you're not expecting a thorough one because I'm lazy.
- It did protect my skin. There were times that I forgot to reapply it but I still did not have a nasty sunburn.
- It's a spray.. makes it easier to apply.
- Water resistant.
- The bottle is orange. I like orange.
- It feels very sticky and gross during the first several minutes.
- It made me break out. I had pimples EVERYWHERE after a day of using it: my chest, my neck, my legs. It's disgusting!
- Price is unreasonable. I got it for CHF 38.90 (USD 41)
CONCLUSION: I'm sure there are other better sunblocks in the market. I won't be buying this one again, unless I am left with no option.